April 24, 2016

PUR Strobe / Highlight Palettes | Moonlight Glow & Sun-Kissed Glow | Review & Swatches

I've had these highlight palettes for a few weeks now, and am ready to give my full review and opinions. These retail for $34 on the PUR website, but they are also carried at ULTA. Disclaimer: these were sent to me for review, but that will never affect my opinions. 
The packaging is gorgeous and sleek
Back of Moonlight Glow palette
Each palette contains 0.53 oz total
Twilight, Lunar, Eclipse
Twilight, Lunar, Eclipse
Back of Sun-Kissed Glow palette
Aurora, Solar, Dusk
Aurora, Solar, Dusk
Twilight, Lunar, Eclipse, Aurora, Solar, and Dusk
Review Time:
  • Some general information:
    • Main Ingredients:
      • Ceretin Complex (for age-defying)
      • Shea Butter 
      • Mica
    • Benefits (quoted from PUR):
      • Helps smooth and firm for a hydrated, ageless complexion.
      • Brightens and keeps skin looking healthy, never dull.
      • Offers multiple looks for all skin tones
      • Conditions and softens skin.
      • Creates the perfect shimmery highlight for a naturally luminescent glow.
    • Supposed application / usage:
      • "With a contour brush, apply wherever you want to create an instant highlight such as the center of the forehead, the cheek bones, or straight down the bridge of the nose."
My thoughts...
The texture is very smooth and does truly set to a powder transferproof finish. I can easily apply the product before setting with powder, or after without a lot of disturbance. My preferred method is with my fingertips, as a sponge absorbs a great amount of a product and I generally find the same with brushes. The glow is a more natural one, not quite to the level of intense strobing it mentions. I cannot say that these will work for all skin tones. I have very fair skin (less than NC15 in mac for reference) and the Sun-Kissed Glow palette shades are all too dark. The Moonlight Glow is meant for cool tones, whereas Sun-Kissed is more meant for warm. They are supposed to be complimentary, but due to shimmer they are not meant for your highlight, blush, and contour. My favorite shade is Twilight from the Moonlight Glow palette (demo in a video coming soon!). 

Overall,
These are very similar to the Essence So Glow illuminators (I prefer this formula due to no streaks, and sets faster), or benefit Watt's Up (most similar to the shade Aurora). I would recommend these palettes to someone new to cream highlighters, or wants an everyday natural glow. The price tag is a bit up there for the ounce size, so I would maybe wait for 20% off at ULTA since these are NEW not Limited Edition.