Another PUR cosmetics review today! This bronzer retails for $34 (PUR, ULTA) and is in partner with Action Against Hunger (an organization that provides food, safe drinking water, and sanitation to people in need). Spoiler: this is actually a good bronzer, and not just for a good cause. Also, disclaimer: this product was sent to me for review, but my opinion is honest as always.
Lovely packaging, as sleek as possible for a jumbo bronzer
"Give Back. Glow Forward."
Jumbo Bronzer = 0.60 oz / 17 g
"With three matte and three shimmer shades, the blendable, jumbo palette is perfect for all skin tones whether you want to look like a bronzed goddess or just back from vacation."
Also cruelty free
Very smooth, almost creamy powder,
and this is how it looks after swatching
|Bottom shimmer shades - matte shades, all mixed|
- "Use a blush brush to apply to the forehead, bridge of nose, tops of cheeks, and chin. Can be used to contour. Blend onto neck, decollete and body with a body brush for a just-back-from-the-beach look."
- In the first sentence many of those places are better to highlight (use shades in this bronzer that are lighter than skin), or else bronze around those areas (ex: not center of forehead but sides). In my opinion the shades are not quite cool enough for a real contour.
- Shimmer and matte have the same smooth texture
- When mixed the tone is a warm almost orange with subtle shimmer
- Easy to blend, not patchy
- This product is LIMITED EDITION
- Meant for all skin tones
- I can get away with this on pale skin without looking orange
- If you have a much darker than "medium" complexion you may find this more difficult to bronze with but the shimmer bronzing shades could highlight
I recommend this bronzer to everyone. For one, this is benefiting a good cause. Two, the product is genuinely wonderful quality and perfect for all times of year (especially spring / summer).