October 11, 2015

elf Perfect Finish HD Powder | Review + Demo

elf sent me a couple of products to try out, and I am here to review this new powder today. I used to be a fan of the original loose HD powder, but as elf powders go--this is my new favorite. This retails for only $6, and is currently online only.
Claims, directions, & ingredients
matte black packaging
mirror included,
great for on the go
Absolutely no shimmer particles
Flips up to reveal a sponge
Swatched heavily, not blended
Completely blended into the skin
  • Blends completely into the skin, maybe slightly brightening
    • Do not use this heavy handed
  • HD powder, so no flashback
  • Matte finish
    • not overly powdery
  • Claims soft focus effect
    • This is true
  • Keeps skin matte for hours
    • Doesn't irritate skin, or get oily
Overall,
I've been really liking this powder, especially for setting under the eyes. You can use it for the "cooking"  or "baking" technique but it is not the absolute best for that. It does kick up a bit of powder in the pan, but it is way less messy than the loose version. If you're looking for a new powder, or previously enjoyed the loose format--I'd recommend this one!