I've already done a tutorial using this look, but haven't posted my official review + Swatch...until now. This quad is $20, which breaks down to the standard $5 a shadow from Colourpop. Online only. The creator of the concept, and colors, is Dani from Coffee Break with Dani on YouTube. I am so proud of her accomplishments, and it is my dream to someday collaborate with Colourpop.
Green with reflective silver butterfly,
with Dani's phrase "Be the change" for the set
Four standard sized shadows
You cannot depot these
Sheer Opal Finish
Kindness (with flash)
|Hope, Bravery, Kindness, Strength|
- The sheer opal formula:
- Created just for this set
- Not super pigmented
- Meant to be sheer toppers
- Duo Chrome
- Sheer Opal
- "Radiant opal with pink, violet, blue and silver duo chrome"
- Shifts to have a pink glitter reflect that is more apparent than the other reflects
- Great lid shade, inner corner, browbone, even could be used on the face
- "True medium brown"
- I'd call it more of a deep chocolate brown (on my skintone)
- Great for the lid, outer corner, or lower lashline
- Sheer Opal
- "Warm red brown undertone with a gold, green, and blue duo chrome"
- Accurate description
- Looks different from all other "blue-brown" colors to a makeup junkie
- Stunning on the lid especially
- "Soft peachy caramel"
- Less peachy and more caramel on me
- Nice as a transition/crease color, or on the lid
I do enjoy this quad, I just don't see it as a must have, It is supposedly limited edition, so if you like what you see I'd pick it up because of that. The sheer opal shades are my favorite, since I've said many times how much I love duo chromes. To see this quad in action I used it in a look for a halo eye, only using these shadows. You can create a full look using just them, but they don't have as much variety as some other quads.