In honor of the Kat Von D transforming liquid lipstick making a come back, I thought I would review this lipgloss by bareMinerals. It retails for $18 and can be found anywhere the brand is sold.
They now have two other shade shifting glosses.
Worn alone or layered
Pale purple to coral-peach to gold pearl
Stunning packaging to let the gloss show it's colors
They neglect to mention the other colors like teal that it shifts to
Can produce too much product, or even leak, due to bad stopper
On the skin it's mostly clear with mostly the peach showing through
- Sorry I forgot to take lip swatches
- Shows up the same as in arm swatches
- Mostly clear, little color
- Not too sticky
- Only enough to last more than an hour
- Not an all day wearing gloss though
- Leaves no stain or color behind
- The color looks more stunning in the tube than on the lips
- Claims to be a hydrating formula
- It is not drying
- Would not apply for moisture unless over a dry lip product
- Horrible packaging...leaks everywhere until maybe 1/3 of the product is gone
- Minty scent (infused with peppermint oil)
If you take makeup pictures like me on a media like Instagram, this is lovely for that; However, for the average person this can turn into a mostly clear mess. I wouldn't recommend this until they change the packaging to something less likely to leak.