If you are anything like me, then you don't always believe the hype around products. These shadows have been all over social media and youtube, with no bad reviews, so I knew I had to try them. Each shadow retails for $5 on the colourpop website, and for the time being they are only available there.
I purchased four individual shades, but they can also be bought in sets for the same price.
Each time you purchase from them they give you a tip sheet, in case you are unsure how to use their products. They suggest using your fingertips rather than a brush, and that you must seal the containers tight since they are not a traditional shadow (this also means you cannot depot them!).
Each shadows comes in it's own little box,
and the product contains .21g/ .07 oz.
Starting at the top, going clockwise:
Cricket, I heart this, Hammered, So Quiche
"A soft olive with a highly reflective gold and pink violet glittery duo chrome"
So Quiche Swatch
"smoky olive with tons of gold glitter and a soft sprinkle of multi-colored sparkles"
I heart this:
"Cool-toned silvery taupe with multi-coloured glitter"
I heart this Swatch
"A smoky mid-tone plum with warm and cool highlights of soft glitter"
Different lighting: So Quiche, Hammered, I heart this, and Cricket
- Range of finished I just happened to choose all metallic. They have metallic, pearlized, pressed pigments (neon colors), satin (not quite matte), tie dye (swirl of colors), ultra-metallic, and matte finishes
- All shades are equally pigmented and intense
- My personal favorite way to wear these is as a pop of color on the lower lashline
- The texture is very unique, most similar is the elf long-lasting lustrous eyeshadows
- The shade range is from white creams all the way to hot pink
- Overall at least browse the website, I truly love their products so much