August 7, 2014

Nyx Hd Concealer Wand in Porcelain: Review & Demo

I've gotten questions about what I think about this concealer so here is my review. The price point at $5 is great for a concealer...you could buy four of these for the price of one MAC prolongwear concealer. 
This one is in the lightest shade "Porcelain"
It does have a doe-foot applicator that I find gets the perfect amount of product out. 
On my ghostly pale skin it blends in perfectly. 

  • Coverage: Definitely not full...probably medium. If you want this to cover blemishes I would say this is not for you. For under the eyes? Yes. It even almost brightens and perfects the area.
  • Lasting Power: Only "Good" because at the end of the day my dark circles are showing and the product has faded away. If you don't need something to last all day, maybe for a photo-shoot like the HD suggests it would be perfect. But for the average person...who wants to reapply concealer? (edit: lasts all day if you set with powder :))
  • Shade Range: They have the lightest concealer I've found, color correction shades, and medium, for the darker skin tones.
  • OVERALL: Because of the price and color I do really enjoy mine, the lasting power is better for a light makeup day or a day at home.