This is a highly requested review on the new benefit cosmetics liner. This is going to be pic heavy- warning. I will share my overall review, alonge with a demo and wear test, and at the end a swatch test.
"3 reasons it's an REAL! innovation
1. It's the first ever lash-hugging gel liner in a pen.
2. The innovative Accuflex (tm) tip makes it beyond easy to get close to your lashline!
3. The waterproof, matte black gel formula doesn't smudge, budge, or dry out!"
claims from benefit sampler paper it came in
"91% said longwearing.
81% said waterproof.
86% said it hugged the lashline.
84% said eyes looked visably larger"
I do like the cute packaging.
1. Remove orange "tip protector"
Twist about 10 times for product to come out (on first use)
also says to wipe away excess liner
Chunky, cumbly, easy to line harder to wing... also slightly irritated my eyes.
When I tried to remove it on the first day of use. It left chunks all over my eye area, and stayed put.
Wear test on the second day. It smudged up onto my eyelids.
Nice thin matte black line.
And once smudged....
- Not worth it to me,
- Dissapointing, maybe I need to test it even more...but lots of others don't love it.
- Glad I got it as a deluxe free sample (at sephora when I ordered online)
- It does smudge/smear
- Longwearing if you don't count smearing
- Only slightly hugs the lashline, they make no claims about winged liner
- It does have a matte finish
- I am going to say that it is not truly waterproof
- Also not the FIRST liner like this, I have heard that Maybelline makes one that is available in the UK
This is a product that you will either LOVE or HATE. I am on the negative side on this product, but there are some who love it. If you wear contacts I also say avoid this!