June 19, 2014

Cover Fx Total Cover Cream Foundation: Review

I walked into sephora telling myself that I didn't need more foundation...then a lady who worked in sephora insisted on color matching me. When she did she told me that I should try Cover Fx for my sensitive, acne prone, skin. She claimed it would even help my skin, and not irritate it at all. 
I got the cream formula
Claims:

  • Clinically tested
  • Without many bad ingrediants
  • Full coverage
  • Foundation and concealer in one
  • Broad spectrum SPF 30
  • All day
  • Radiant finish
  • Revitalizes appearance of skin
  • Protects with age defying benefits
As you can see there are a lot of claims...

It comes in a basic little compact saying the brand name on the front.
Only here does it say that you may have a serious reaction to it .
I am in the shade N10
  • Very pricey at $42
  • Less product than a standard foundation only .35 oz
  • Cream product
  • Weird almost plastic/ plant smell
  • I have had this for about a month, and am almost out :(
  • Does not last "all day", To make it last I have to (on oily skin):
    • Use a primer/ setting spray before
    • Apply it with the Real Techniques sponge
    • Use a setting spray (Nyx Matte)
    • And use a powder (Elf Hd)
  • The "radiant" finish is very very dewy so good for dry skin
  • Not quite "FULL Coverage" unless you layer it on, which causes you to use it up quickly
  • It is quick to dab dab dab all over the face
  • It does color match me VERY well 
Overall, it is a good everyday foundation...but for the price...skip it. BUT if you have like the most sensitive skin like me NO IRRITATION OR NEW BREAKOUTS!