March 12, 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: Review

So in my Beauty Favorites of the year I mentioned this. It is only about $4, sold everywhere and also all Rimmel  London is 50% off at Walgreens! 
Here are the two that I own. One I am almost out of so I bought a new one (Accidentally in a different shade).
And since these pictures are a little bit ago like last month I already got a new one of my correct shade.
The new one you can still see the Rimmel crown design on,
which doesn't stay imprinted very long.
It is a silicone and talc powder. It has a claim of up to 5 hours of shine control, and claims to reduce appearance of pores.
The two colors I have shown are Natural 003 (Neutral Pink tone) 
and Creamy Natural 011 (more yellow toned).
The tools I like to apply this with are my elf complexion brush for a light application.
Or for a more coverage affect one of my real techniques brushes (buffing) since it is more dense.. Or for pressing onto blemishes that need coverage and setting I use a sponge.
  • Matte finish
  • long lasting- lasts all day or at least the 5 hour claim, but I still get oily at end of day
  • Easy to apply powder
  • Different shade selection including these shown, darker, and a translucent (which wouldn't have coverage)
  • Does nothing for my pores