I bought my first actual beauty blender a few weeks ago and I am here to share my thoughts...is it worth the $19.95 for a sponge?
It comes in its cute little tube with its allure award sticker on it.
It says Submerge in water, towel dry, and dip into makeup
then stipple onto face, and allow it to air dry on top of the container (it has an air hole) and then clean it between uses
When you wash it and let it dry a little bit becomes too big for its container.
Then, I dab out some foundation onto the back of my hand, and dab the beauty blender into the product
Here I am just stippling (dabbing) the foundation onto my face.
- Very squishy and soft when it is not even damp
- Doesn't absorb too much water
- Doesn't absorb too much product
- Flawless face, not cake-y
- Very quick and takes less blending than a brush
- It did wash out some pink when washing
- A little pricey for a sponge
- Works well for both foundation and concealer
Sometime I am going to make a comparison of the real techniques to this...stay tuned. If you want a sponge to apply makeup and don't want to spend $20, then the Real Techniques is a good option.