September 9, 2013

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush- Rose Petal

Finally I bought the famous bouncy blush by Maybelline, you probably saw it in a haul. It is affordable at $6, and available in most stores.
Here is the outer packaging before I tried it out, the color is Rose Petal.
This shows how small the pan of product is, it is smaller than the palm of my hand. After one use it is not nearly as perfect looking, and will be like a gel without much bounce.
Here is a thick swatch of the blush on my arm in natural light. I had to layer swatches to get it to show up, but when it did it shows up as the color in the pan.
And here I am wearing this blush on my cheek, showing how it adds a natural flush. I used my fingers to smooth it onto my cheeks. WARNING: Do not use a brush! Hairs from brushes will stick to the blush.

Recommend? I don't think it is worth all the raves it gets, but it is not terrible. I love the texture and "bouncy-ness" but i find it hard to apply. This shade is also quite light and doesn't show up that well on my skin tone. I don't think I'll buy another one, but I'll definitely keep using it.