July 8, 2013

Sonia Kashuk- eye on neutral palette

So I was looking for an all matte eyeshadow palette and I found this one at my local target, and it is also available here. What annoys me the most is how expensive it is for a drugstore product, don't get me wrong it's still affordable, but it's $19.99! So that's the info on this product, and here is a review.

 Here is the outside packaging, and size relative to my hand( it's tiny).
 Opened up, here are all of the colors.
 There are swatches of the colors without a primer under.
 And those are the swatches with a primer.
 Here is an eye look I created with this palette.
I applied the middle color in the second row (or the pinky shade) all over the lid. Then I added one of the medium browns to the crease and blended it out. And when that was done I added the white to my brow bone. And of course added mascara.

Recommend? If you want an all matte palette that's not super expensive, go ahead and try it. I will warn you that to me it seems almost all the colors(or at least the browns) have a red undertone. I would also not recommend these for filling in brows, unless a red undertone works for you. They are pretty creamy and pigmented for a drugstore product, but they are a little less than they are worked up to be. If I were you I would save up and buy the one made buy TheBalm since you could probably count on that palette more than this one.