June 18, 2013

Urban Decay Ammo Shadow Box

Hello Everyone! I have another Urban Decay post for you all! This is also currently on sale, or it was when I bought it on the Urban Decay website < Palette Here > for $15!! I know this is crazy, but it's because they made a new version with the new formula I believe. So into the review!

The outside of the box is so cute, but honestly I was surprised by how tiny this palette was! The box is cardboard that bends all the way back, and the front has a velvety design!

The inside has a nice mirror that comes with a little cover over it, so you don't end up with eyeshadow on the mirror (I left the seal on). And as you can see I have been using this palette a lot!!!Sorry it looks messy. 


Here are swatches of the colors(without primer under, when with primer they are very true to the color in the box)
Top row: Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, and Chopper
Bottom row: Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin

COLOR REVIEW:
Smog- dark bronze/brown shimmery not too powdery
Mildew- Don't tend to reach for this color but its still nice. A true mildew green
Oil Slick- A shimmery black with silver sparkles, very powdery and hard to work with
Last Call- Very lovely almost iridescent purple
Chopper- A very light copper, with almost pink tint to it
Maui Wowie- Similar to Chopper without the pink tint, light yellow orange shade (hard to describe)
Shattered- Bright baby blue, that's all I can say
Polyester Bride- White with shimmer, very powdery, lots of fallout
Grifter- A light lilac purple and powdery
Sin- Best in the palette (in my opinion), a light golden pinky shade. Not powdery at all 

Swatches with Primer:
Sorry the picture came out sideways, but as you can see all the colors will come out true to color with primer! In the pic I did not put them in the same order as above, so here you go: Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, Chopper, Sin.

Would I recommend? YES (Especially now while it is on sale). If you can afford it I would probably spend the money and buy the updated version with better formula, since the colors are all lovely. If you  have a primer, and not afraid of a little fallout- then this is for you!